Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving in Framingham

This year my Thanksgiving was a little different. As flights skyrocket for the holidays because airlines don't like family gatherings, I decided I'd opt for a bus. And as a bus to KC would take days, I had to choose a closer destination. What better place than one with family and my favorite food of all time? There isn't one. Framingham, MA it was. My dad's mother and her mother live there along with my Auntie Judy and Uncle Louie and their daughters Gina and Angela.

It was my second Thanksgiving in Framingham--my cousin Abby and I went my senior year of high school. I'm always very happy to see that part of my family as I don't get the chance very often. I am also always always always ecstatic when I am able to eat my favorite food... CUPPELLETTIS. It's apparently a word my family made up. There are cappallettis, which are similar but have meat in them, and then there are cuppellettis. They are sort of like little dumplings in chicken broth. Cuppellettis have no meat in them, basically just cheese and bread crumbs. Sounds like a poor man's food, but they are absolutely delicious. No one left in Kansas City really knows how to make them so having them for TG was a true treat and instilled jealousy in all members of my family at home. We are all determined to learn how to make them because they are TO DIE FOR so I'll update you when we take on that task.

I was so glad I was able to spend more time with my sweet, sweet Grammy. Grammy is 97 and kickin'. She is so remarkable. She does not take on single pill and can manage to do nearly everything on her own. That's good, right? I've got longevity built in. My Grandma is in her 70s and she gets around just as quick as I do. We went into Boston for a day and she kept up with me no problem. I hope I am able to do that in my 70s. It was really nice to actually go into Boston. I had never had the pleasure to see the city, and after hearing my mom say how wonderful it was, I wanted to make the trip. We took the train in for a few hours and hit up the major sights. There is still much to see, and I'd love to go back. I'm hoping that we can all go back after the baby is born so we can get a picture of 5 generations of women. That will be amazing. I'm crossing my fingers for that!

I also had my first Black Friday experience. It was not too bad, and I got some great deals. There was no sales tax in Framingham on clothes so I had to take advantage! I did a little X-mas shopping for others, too, so don't think I was entirely selfish!

I will leave you with a few pictures. And no, I didn't grow. My Grammy is just that small.

Massachusetts State House
Grammy and me before I left.
Grams and Grammy.

1 comment:

  1. I missed ya, but I'm glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving in Boston!

    ReplyDelete