Monday, November 8, 2010

Wine and a Camera

It always seems that my weekends are that much better when Blake is here. I guess that's why I'm marrying him. We had a good time playing with my new camera and spending time together.

Friday night we cooked in, which was an adventure. Blake and I living (and cooking) together will be an absolute adventure. That's just one of the many challenges we will face. Blake has a tendency to just throw things in the pan... and not that I'm Rachel Ray or anything, I just like to be the one throwing in I guess. It will be fun though. I'm into it.

Saturday we got ready for our housewarming/birthday party that night. We cleaned the apartment. Katy cooked up a storm. I made the rice crispies! We had the cutest set up for the party. We also had a lot of wine. I think our party turned out to be a success! Here are a few photos for you to enjoy. I'm loving my new camera.



After our party we went out on 7th Ave. That was fun seeing as it was our first time out in our neighborhood! On Sunday Blake and I headed up to Hell's Kitchen. We walked through Time Square. We had lunch at a really cute pub, which was delicious. We then headed over to Intrepid. There we saw a lot of cool airplanes, got to go on a submarine that carried nuclear weapons during the Cold War. The beds on it were so insane. I'm not even sure how they got in them, and how they didn't bonk their heads each and every day when they woke up. It was a beautiful sunny day so we got great views of Jersey. We could even see the Statue of Liberty! After that we headed to Washington Square Park because neither of us had ever been there. We wanted to see the Arch. We took some photos and headed over to the Pourhouse which is a KU and Chiefs bar in the city. Blake took some photos for his internship and we headed home. That night we relaxed and, much like last time, the morning came all too soon. Blake had to head back to KC and I had to go back to work. I miss him already. Here are some photos. There will be more to come next weekend as my sisters and mom come to town! YAY!



Those are the beds. WOW. Teensy. Now, these last few photos are just because I want to share them.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! The party looked like a success! Glad you are loving your camera. Looking forward to seeing more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. Man, you are just Ms. Popular having visitors galore. I bet you love it! Thanks for the pics, it seems I only get to see Lisa in pictures if you post them. She acts like she's busy or something ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that I really needed to read this post considering I already knew what you were up to, but nice update, lol! ;-)

    Drea - I AM busy!!

    ReplyDelete