Thursday, October 28, 2010

New York City First

I had another New York City first today. I had to hold the train doors open for myself. Yeah, I know. It may seem miniscule to a NYC native, but that was interesting for me! I've seen it in the movies, and now I can say that I've officially done it.

While writing this, I had another first. I just heard a huge cat/dog/creature fight. Loudest cat I've ever heard. Hands down.

I also purchased my first dslr camera today. You know what that means... MORE PICS! I know you're excited. I bought it so that I can take photos of my niece when she comes, but I figured I'd go ahead and purchase it now so that I can take photos in NYC while I am here as well. I can't wait to practice with my new toy!

Have a good day. Stay cool if you're in NYC, stay warm if your in Kansas and stay awesome everywhere.

5 comments:

  1. you are absolutely going to love your camera! we couldn't live without ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I want a DSLR so bad, but... as you know, those things are pricey. Have fun with it and I can't wait to see pics. I beg of you... show us what living in NYC is like. Make the pictures tell their own story so that you wouldn't even need captions if you didn't want to add them. Lisa is totally failing on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that you are loving "firsts" in this city, it's so nice to have someone to relate to who has experiences similar to mine!

    Drea, I know I am failing you guys on pics and blog posts. I am just not as into it as you and Kim are, though I wish I were! My goal is to have monthly updates for your viewing pleasure, let's see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's cuz they have kids! My blog posts will totally ramp up when I'm an aunt, and even more so when I'm a mom! OMG. Scary thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val! I just caught up on your life! Ahhh, blogging. I need to get back into it!

    ReplyDelete